Google
Custom Search

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Darwinism and popular culture: Well, aren't we all 30 per cent banana anyway?

Just getting back to real work, and clearing out my in tray:

Friend Nancy Pearcey writes to note:

A policeman can be fired for calling a black man a "banana-eating jungle monkey."

But a scientist can be fired for not calling Man a "banana-eating jungle monkey."

The former penalizes people for their racism; the latter penalizes people for their lack of evolutionism.

A bit odd, don't you think?

After all, if the evolutionary picture is the whole show, is not Mankind per se a "banana-eating jungle monkey"? Or at least a close cousin?

Racism is evil.

But we learn that from our true Creator. Not from nature.

Not from an impersonal, indifferent cosmos.
Okay, fine, but years ago, a learned rabbi pointed out that we all share 30 percent of our genes with a banana, give or take a few here and there, so ...

I don't know what I would do without learned rabbis.

Hey, if you follow me on Twitter, I'll let you know when I have posted a number of stories to one of my blogs, generally about 5 new ones.

Find out why there is an intelligent design controversy:

Labels: ,

Who links to me?