Google
Custom Search

Friday, July 31, 2009

Darwinism and popular culture: A columnist reminds me of its easy, empty phrases

In "A God who bleeds" (July 31, 2009), Jonah Goldberg notes,
Oprah promised Obama would help us "evolve to a higher plane." Deepak Chopra said Obama's presidency represented "a quantum leap in American consciousness." Last month, Newsweek editor Evan Thomas proclaimed that Obama stood "above the country, above -- above the world, he's sort of God."
Well, however you would vote, you gotta feel at least a bit sorry for a guy who was supposed to be a "quantum leap" and help us all "evolve to a higher plane." Popular Darwinism doesn't need a laugh track, that's for sure.

Note: If you follow me on Twitter, I'll let you know when I have posted a number of stories to one of my blogs, generally about 5 new ones.

Labels: ,

Who links to me?