Google
Custom Search

Friday, May 08, 2009

My friend, the Sheepcat

Here's a blog, started by my good friend, the Sheepcat. Like me, he swam the Tiber (= became a Roman Catholic).

I love the name Sheepcat, if only because my beloved cat Hamlet died the day The Spiritual Brain came back from the press in August 2007.

Hamlet was a zealous guardian of his space, and certainly no friend of rodents, which he tended to kill rather than herd. After a (last) look around his little kingdom, when he could no longer even drink water [such water as he imbibed was injected under his skin by a vet], he seemed to accept his end - because I was there.

All I said in response to many solicitations for expensive memorials at the vet clinic was:
If I ever have that kind of money again, I will use it to help other cats.

If I can, I will buy cat carriers at garage sales and sanitize them, and go to the Animal Control centre, and ask for an appropriate number of cats who will shortly be euthanized simply because no one wants them. That will be Hamlet's memorial, and I cannot think of a better one, given his history.
Okay, enough about cats.

Find out why there is an intelligent design controversy:

Who links to me?