Conference alert: University of Toronto, Friday/Saturday September 29/30
The God Hypothesis: Has Science Found God?
* Friday, September 29, 2006 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- An Evening of Lecture and discussion
7:00 p.m. Science ... and the Quest for Purpose by Dr. David Humphreys
Chemist David Humphreys will present a thought provoking blend of experiments, demonstrations, and scientific insights in his consideration of the way in which the molecules of life can give evidence of purposeful design
8:00 p.m. Have Astronomers Identified the Creator? By Hugh Ross
Astronomer Hugh Ross notes that ours is the only generation that has witnessed the measuring of the Cosmos. What does this mean for our questioning of creation? The current base of astronomical research also permits an ongoing testing of a cosmic creation model based on sacred religious texts.
When/Where?: 7:00 p.m. at Alumni Hall, 121 St. Joseph Street, Room 400
No admission fee for friday night - reservations recommended, Tel 416 926-2247
now, for Saturday:
* Saturday, September 30, 2006 9:00 a.m. - to 5:00 p.m.
- A One Day Workshop: Lectures, Panel Discussions, Group Conversations
A day of Dialogue with Guest Lecturers and Panelists, including
- Dr. Robert Mann, Chair, Dept. Of Physics, University of Waterloo
- Ms. Denyse O'Leary, Journalist, author of By Design or By Chance?
- Dr. James R. Brown, MA, PhD, Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Dr. Dennis O'Hara, Director of Elliott Allen Institute for Theology and Ecology
- Dr. Hugh Ross, Ph.D., Astronomy
- Dr. Sehdev Kumar, Director, Forum for Dialogue between Science and Religion
Topics covered: What is Science? Is there Room for god in Scientific Dialogue? Universal Darwinism and Intelligent Design?
Astronomy and Human Destiny
Fee (for Saturday ) $100.00 (includes lunch) [Remember, Friday evening is free.]
Reservations: 416 926-7254
Info: Lynda at 416 229 2399 ext. 125
Get there by TTC: Get off at Bay Station on the Bloor line (one west of Yonge), walk south past St. Mary's Street to St. Joseph's Street. Turn right.
Parking locations and motor vehicle directions here.
Web site: The God Hypothesis: Has Science Found God? (Scroll down.)
A part of the University of St. Michael's College Continuing Education Anniversary Lectures